Please give a warm welcome to
Tell us a bit about yourself
– Well, where to begin… I’m Darcy Ray and this is my Pen Name. My real Identity is a secret so you might as well call me a superhero! I work in the medical field and I’m currently enrolled in nursing school due to graduate in November. I have 2 four-legged fur babies and I’ve been married since 2011 to my elementary sweetheart(awwwww)! I’m a southern gal who grew up in the hood, so I love deeply but will definitely stick up for what I believe in. Some of my favorite things in live besides books include sweet tea, Red bull, and fried chicken! I’m also a pretty open book, so if you wanna know anything further, I’m always willing to answer ❤
Have you always wanted to become an author?
– Honestly, no. I wanted to become a Doctor or Teacher. Both I’m still striving to be. I have a knack for wanting to help people and I’m very compassionate about other peoples well beings. I mean, sure growing up, I always thought it would be cool to write a book and get it out there, but that thought never seemed real. I only knew of Big time Authors and never heard the term “Indie Authors”. However, back in 2015, I started reading again and I some how stumbled across the RH community. I dived so deep and I never wanted to emerge from the awesome worlds these authors have created. I started being a Beta and even and Alpha. Those two amazing authors who I helped inspired me and made me realize, I could be there one day.
What was your inspiration for your current book/series?
– Ha! Thats a good question. I honestly wanted a book where all the bad things happened. I was tired of reading the same thing over and over again. Noone wrote about periods or using illegal drugs. My FMC is an Escort, most wouldnt touch that because its trashy. So I wanted to break rules and do things my way. Thus Mafias Kiss.
What are you working on now?
– I’m curing working on Mafias Embrace, which is book two of the Lethal Beauty and Smoking Steel Series. I finished a short story for an Anthology, and I have like three other series/duets planned to come out by the end of next year.
Do you have any quirks while writing?
– I need chaos to write. Like loud music, people talking on Discord, and the TV on. It makes me concentrate. Weird I know! I also have to have a visual for almost EVERYTHING I describe. My Pintrest is full of stuff!
What are your hopes for the future?
– I plan on graduating this year and taking a year off school per my husbands request and just write. I also plan on improving my skills as an author and grow my audience. Hell, I even hope to become a best selling author one day.
Do you have any advice for new authors about the publishing world?
– LOL! I’m still a newbie and I’m also learning as I go. But if I had to give advice? Don’t give up. Write your book from your soul and not what everyone else wants it to be. People can feel that shit when they read. Also support everyone. You are no better or less than anyone else in this community. Well unless your a dick.
Do you have anything to say to your readers?
– Thank yall so fucking much for supporting me! I know some of yall may not like my book for whatever reason, but I still appreciate the fact you took a chance on me. I do read reviews and I try honing my skills to make them better. For those who are cheering me on, I fucking love yall! Yall keep me going!!!
PS: Please review books ❤